In any marketing effort, it is important to pay attention to the communication made between the company and the customer with focus to establish good and positive image, thereby ensuring opportunities for sales. For MYOB, it is also very important to ensure marketing communication that is done in the proper manner, so as to establish long term contracts with the customers. For any company to have successful business marketing communication, it is important to have the following and also in the given sequence:
1. Corporate Identity – which includes Brand name, logo, letterhead, signs, business cards, tagline, etc. so as to emphasize the company’s Unique Selling Proposition in all its communications.
2. Visual appeal of product – even though the services provided by MYOB are virtual, there could be good examples, samples and test modules for the services that they provide to show their products’ superiority over the competitor’s products.
3. Web site – giving details about the company, its products and services and specially contacts.
4. Literature – in the form of pamphlets and brochures reflecting professionalism.
5. Follow-up system – MYOB can make use of telemarketing to follow up on leads.
6. Advertisements – even though MYOB shared good market in the past, for being future ready, it has to communicate with the clients through various channels through advertising and generating awareness.
7. Public relations management – to maintain the image of the company and to keep the customers updated about the new products and services MYOB must involve in active PR activities. Recent challenge by the company to the IT students created great awareness about the company, thus such activities must be regular event at MYOB.
8. Direct marketing – handling the leads of potential clients is very important for effecting business communication. Direct marketing for the B2B companies provide opportunity to establish communication with the customer which could eventually turn into sale.
9. Trade shows – however, establishing a company must never miss the opportunities like industry specific trade show to communicate to the business world at large about its products, services, innovations and achievement (Barden, 2009). Likewise, MYOB must make use of any such opportunities present to remain popular name among the SME users that aims to serve.